eLuma Pilot — Online SPED Teachers
The eLuma pilot will begin with a limited number of schools for the 2019-20 school year. “We are looking for a small number of forward-thinking partners who are interested in helping us pioneer a solution that will have game-changing effects on all of special education for years to come,” Glauser added. Because some estimates suggest as many as 70% of special education students need math and reading interventions, eLuma has chosen to begin with providing these interventions as regularly-scheduled instructional services to students to alleviate the burdens of growing caseloads.
Under a blended model, the onsite teachers will be able to offload the IEP requirements of the math and reading interventions to highly-qualified online teachers and specialists who will ensure that the students will receive all the services they need. The online teachers and specialists will work in tandem with the onsite teachers, facilitators, and staff to ensure that the experience is seamless and the student outcomes are optimized.
eLuma wants to make sure that all partners have the best possible experience. Consequently, eLuma will be carefully selecting and limiting the number of partners to provide maximum support and success. In addition, eLuma will only consider applicants that:
- Have a need of at least one FTE (full time equivalent).
- Commit for the entire 2019-20 school year.
- Provide a designated point person onsite to coordinate.
- Provide a designated facilitator for services.
- Provide program appropriate curriculum and resources.
- Submit program application by June 7, 2019. *Pilot program participants will be selected and notified by June 14, 2019.
We invite all schools and districts who meet these criteria to apply for this eLuma pilot. Those interested in doing so or learning more can just click on this application link!